Meet our physiotherapists Duane Brousmiche and Reshy Sutar.
Duane Brousmiche has over 20 years of experience as a physiotherapist, helping clients recover from a variety of sports-related and non sports-related musculoskeletal injuries. With a keen interest in sports, he has had the opportunity to work and travel with high-level athletes. Since graduating from Queen's University in 2002, he has pursued post graduate education in Intramuscular Stimulation, Sports Physiotherapy Certificate, manual therapy, acupuncture and custom orthotic fitting. Duane has extensive experience treating a variety of injuries in all stages of healing, from acute to chronic.
Here is additional bio information about Duane.
Reshmy Sutar, a newly registered Physiotherapist and proud member of the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario, dedicated to improving lives through personalized care and evidence-based practices. Passionate about promoting wellness and restoring function, focusing on tailored treatment plans that prioritize patient needs and goals. Committed to ongoing professional development and staying abreast of the latest advancements in physiotherapy. Excited to embark on this fulfilling journey of helping individuals achieve optimal health and mobility.
Here is additional bio information about Reshmy.
Overview of qualifications:
- Designation: Registered Physiotherapist (PT) since 2002
- Employment: Working with us since 2015
- Memberships: Canadian Physiotherapy Association, Ontario Physiotherapy Association, College of Physiotherapists of Ontario, UBC Gunn IMS (Intermuscular Stimulation)
- Education: Queen’s University BSc Physiotherapy 2002, BScH Biology
- Continuous education: Sport Physiotherapy Cert., Cert. Gunn IMS, Acupuncture(CAFCI), Certified Manual Therapist
- Point of interest: Member of the medical staff at the Richmond Oval during the 2010 Olympics, Physiotherapist for the Canadian national men’s Sr. and Jr. field hockey teams, BC Rugby and Queen’s men’s varsity basketball and rugby teams.
Click To Read more about conditions Duane Brousmiche has successfully treated as a physiotherapist, what to expect when you meet with Duane, some of his special and personal interests, and how to contact Duane
Conditions successfully treated: In addition to working with sports teams, Duane has concurrently worked in private practice physiotherapy clinics treating clients of all ages for musculo-skeletal injuries related to activities of slightly less elite athletes, activities of daily living, motor vehicle accidents, and workplace accidents.
Meeting with Duane: During a one-on-one session with Duane, you will be assessed for movement, function, alignment, biomechanics, strength and specific injury. After your assessment, you will be educated on your diagnosis and prognosis. Duane will also discuss what treatment options are available. You will be given specific exercises customized for you to regain muscle balance and overall strength. All treatments will be performed and monitored personally.
Special interests: As an athlete who pursued a variety of sports from grade school to varsity at university, Duane has learned first-hand how limiting and frustrating injuries can be. This has been fundamental in shaping his beliefs in the importance of pre-habilitation, staying strong and fit, as well as identifying (and correcting) underlying causes to avoid potential injuries and to speed the recovery from unavoidable injuries. All injuries, no matter how minor, should be assessed early and treated properly to prevent them from becoming chronic or leading to further injury.
Personal Interests: When away from the office, Duane’s love of sports takes him skiing, running, golfing, biking (mountain and road), hiking, swimming, teaching his two young boys to be active, and any other activity that challenges him and gets him out moving.
- Email: email@example.com
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/duane-brousmiche/b1/773/101
- Facebook -Professional Profile: https://www.facebook.com/…/Duane-Brousmiche…/100010344637332
- Business Profile: https://www.facebook.com/Duane-Brousmiche-Physiotherapy-960…
Reshmy Sutar, PT
- Designation: Registered Physiotherapist (PT) since 2023 and proud member of the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
Employment: Jockvale Massage & Physio since 2024
Education: Maharashtra University of Health Sciences - 2018
Education: College of Physiotherapists of Ontario - 2023
Point of interest: Reshmy is dedicated to improving lives through personalized care and evidence-based practices. Passionate about promoting wellness and restoring function, focusing on tailored treatment plans that prioritize patient needs and goals. Committed to ongoing professional development and staying abreast of the latest advancements in physiotherapy. Excited to embark on this fulfilling journey of helping individuals achieve optimal health and mobility.